The Graduate Research Grant (GRG) is intended to help PhD and MFA students in historically underfunded disciplines meet expenses related to scholarly research and creative endeavors.
• PhD and MFA students in the following schools/disciplines: Divisions II and III (social sciences and humanities) of the Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences (For a list of WCAS Graduate Programs by Division, see http://www.wcas.northwestern.edu/graduate); School of Education and Social Policy; School of Communication (humanities and social science projects); School of Music
• At the time of application students must have completed at least 3 quarters of full-time full tuition registration toward the PhD or MFA degree.
• Students who have exceeded the time limitation for their degree are NOT eligible
• A student may receive only one grant equivalent to $3,000 (or multiple grants whose cumulative total may not exceed $3,000) under this program during his or her graduate career at Northwestern. Applicants who have applied before and have not received an award may apply again.
• Awards will not be granted for retroactive payments.